Thursday, June 3, 2010

Envelopes {9}

Dustin and I have been trying to practice the "ENVELOPE" system of budgeting.
Its actually quite fun, we set an amount that we are going to spend on a certian item like Groceries, Gas, Fun, Tithe etc
and every Friday he goes and withdrawls the money from the bank.
We put it in the specific envelope & only spend what is in the envelope. 

In a world where Debit Cards are the "in" thing- this has really helped us to stay on track.

Today, I needed some fresh new envelopes because mine were kindof worn out... so I decided to make my own!!!

Here's what you'll need:
Envelope
Scissors
Glue
Pencil
Scrapbooking paper
Decorating Items


Unfold the envelope so that you're able to lay it on your scrapbooking paper and trace it out.


My cute paper!!!



My envelope traced and cut out...



Fold over the sides just like the other envelope does and glue it on each side.



And WHALAH! you've got a cute set of envelopes... This envelope shown above is for our "date" night money-- isn't it too cute!


1 comment:

  1. Love this! What a great idea and very creative way to make envelopes. I'm going to have to steal this one ;)

    ReplyDelete