Friday, June 4, 2010

Grocery Lists {10}

this is something that every man & woman has to do from time to time ---or weekly. :)

Dustin has come up with this neat little sheet we call our "Dashboard" where we keep things like our budget, weekly & month goals, Crowd favorite menu items, grocery lists, "R-A-D" charts (Room a day) Things we would like or want to do with the house... and on and on.

I have found it much easier when making my grocery list to have in an excel spreadsheet that has formula's in it. So, when working with my budget I know exactly where I'm ending up, plus tax.  This spreadsheet is always evolving.  A few weeks ago, before really diving into my couponing I just had basics like Item, Ballpark Price, Actual Price ... Now- I've got  a little better for those of us who  like to use coupons, breaking it down to coupons 1-2-3.  (is this making any sense??) 

Since making this spreadsheet it makes making my grocery list like a fun scavenger hunt, once I get my list sorted out I can then begin looking for my coupons for the items on my list.  I use Coupon Mom to help me find what I need, along with the weekly Sunday paper of course! :)

If you're interested into deep diving into your grocery list-- let me know and I'll send you over my spreadsheet!





1 comment:

  1. I'd like to see it, I also collect coupons from different websites, etc but find that it's basically for junk food and not for the healthy things like I really need for our meals. So I'd like to know how ppl save so much using their coupons other than on "snack foods". any advice would be good!

    ReplyDelete